Do you have access to Google Apps for Education?
Are you tired of printing, collecting, and grading worksheets?
Do you want to create dynamic lessons for your students that engage them in new ways?
Then this is the right course for you. This course is packed with simple to follow lessons that will show you how to use Google Classroom as an expert.
Google Classroom is a learning management system (LMS) designed to help teachers facilitate blended learning, which is an approach to education that combines digital and non-digital means. It provides a digital, paperless classroom where teachers can grade assignments, set curricula, and communicate with students on a group and individual basis. Educators can also create videos on the Google Classroom platform to distribute to students. Additionally, Google Classroom can be used on any device and at no cost to students or educators, making it the LMS choice of the masses.
With Google Classroom, teachers can create dynamic lessons that are student-centered, collaborative, and memorable. Like you, I am a teacher that is trying to find ways to engage my students fully. I’ve been teaching for the past five years in online, blended, and bricks and mortar settings.
Google Classroom provides an easy to use learning management system that students of all levels will be able to interact with. I’ve taken the time to explore the ins and outs of Google Classroom and I’ve identified the common pitfalls that come with using something new.
By the end of this course, you will be able to use Google Classroom like a pro and create engaging lessons for your students. With Google Classroom you will be able to teach your students at all times, whether they are in school or not.
What Will You Learn?
- Create and customize a Google Class
- Add and remove students from a class
- Create and distribute assignments
- Grade and change the point value of assignments
- Give feedback to students
- Post and edit announcements to the stream
- Create a class resource page
- Access the classroom folder on Google Drive
- Log in and join a class as a student
- Change account settings as a student
- Complete and turn in assignments as a student
- View returned assignments as a student
Understanding Google Classroom